Geospatial Impact Evaluation of irrigation interventions in Mali
|Working position||Consulting team|
|Working hours||up to 320 working days|
|Working place||international, Mali|
|Starting date||June 7th, 2021 to September 30th, 2021|
|Deadline for submitting tenders||May 24th, 2021 11:58 p.m CET|
The German Institute for Development Evaluation (DEval) is looking for a consulting team consisting of a team leader, a senior expert, junior experts and assistants to conduct a geospatial impact evaluation of agricultural irrigation interventions in Mali.
The service is to be performed from approximately 7th June, 2021 to September 30th, 2021. The volume of work for the consultant team consists of up to 320 working days (plus optionally up to 10 working days for a scientific paper).
As part of a modular evaluation at DEval, the geospatial impact evaluation contributes to the overall analysis of Germany’s development cooperation portfolio on climate change adaptation.
The geospatial impact evaluation assesses the impact and sustainability of irrigation interventions on climate resilience in different regions of Mali in the period from 2000 to 2020. The analysis is based on remote- sensing and georeferenced data. Competences in data preparation, validation (including ground truthing) and analysis, as well as research or evaluation experience on the topic of climate change related to water, agriculture, or the environment are required.
The contractor is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Participation in a kick-off meeting / workshop;
- Document analysis and secondary data collection;
- Provision of a research protocol;
- Data preparation and georeferencing of evaluation units (treatment and control units);
- Data validation, including ground truthing (e.g. through local consultants)
- Mapping of area characteristics;
- Development of a spatial sampling plan and (sub)case selection;
- Data analysis in cooperation with DEval;
- Report writing;
- Quality assurance;
- Optional: Drafting a scientific paper co-authored by DEval
Interested English-speaking candidates are invited to ask for the tendering documents via
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested German-speaking candidates are invited to ask für the tendering documents via
For further details see the Terms of References.