Current evaluations and projects
- Project FOCELAC: Development of competencies and interlinking of relevant actors of the evaluation community in Latin America as a contribution to the 2030 Agenda
- Evaluation Capacity Development (ECD)
- Development of the National Evaluation Capacities Index (INCE)
- Coordinator of the Eval Participativa platform (evalparticipativa.net)
- Country expertise: Africa: Ethiopia, Angola| Latin America: Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico
Juan Carlos Sanz joined DEval in May 2014 to collaborate in the coordination of the ECD Project. His professional career has developed mainly in the coordination of international cooperation projects. He has worked as International Delegate of the Red Cross in several Countries of Latin America and Africa. During this period he had the opportunity to design and manage several small scale evaluations. Furthermore, he worked for 4 years as evaluator in IDR, a Spanish research institute for evaluation of public policies and has made significant collaborations with the Evaluation Unit of the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation.
In DEval's ECD projects, Juan Sanz specializes in participatory approaches, stakeholder networking, and monitoring and support to national evaluation units.
Cousins, J.B. (2019), Collaborative Approaches to Evaluation - Principles in Use. Canada: University of Ottawa
Rodríguez, P. et al. (2018), Leaving a footprint. Stories of evaluations that made a difference. Edit. UNSJ, San Juan.
Arredondo, M., et al. (2010), Handbook of Management of Evaluations of the Spanish Cooperation, (Spanisch: Manual de gestión de evaluaciones de la Cooperación Española“, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Madrid.
Sanz, J. C. (2009), Informe de evaluación interna del II Plan Director de la Cooperación Española 2005-2008, (Internal evaluation of the Master Plan for the Spanish Cooperation 2005-2008), Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Madrid.