Current evaluations and projects
Completed evaluations and projects
- Evaluation Capacity Development (ECD)
- Implementation of large-scale impact evaluations
- Trainer for evaluation, including topics like evaluation implementation, evaluation standards, evaluation designs, identification of indicators etc
- Research topics and background include fragile states, peace and conflict, post-conflict states, rural development and Fairtrade
- Country expertise: Africa: Ghana, Kenya | Asia: Georgia, India, Nepal | Latin America: Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Peru
Sarah Klier joined DEval in January 2013 after having worked for the Center of Evaluation (CEval) in Saarbrücken. At CEval she realised various evaluations of international cooperation projects, inter alia a large-scale impact evaluation of Fairtrade, applying an ex-post facto design in six case studies around the world. Sarah Klier also functioned as a professor in the “Master of Evaluation” of the Saarland University and as a trainer in Costa Rica in the GIZ programme “Promoting Evaluation Capacities in Central America”. Prior to joining CEval Sarah worked with GIZ in the regional division Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. She did research in Colombia for her master thesis on the demobilisation of ex-combatants. Sarah holds an MA of political science of the Justus Liebig University, Gießen. She worked as a trainer in different evaluation courses and participated in the development of various ECD-formats.