- Design and realisation of evaluation in the field of education (i.e. „Campus in Dialogue“ and „KLIPS (Cologne Teaching, Information and Examination Service)“-evaluation: evaluations of the study situation at the University of Cologne (UoC))
- Experience in the establishment of a monitoring system in the field of development cooperation (freelance work for DWHH in the context of the Millennium Initiative)
- Qualitative and quantitative methods of empirical social research (e.g. realisation of measuring instruments for (online) surveys: student surveys at the UoC, economic analysis InWEnt ; i.a. realisation of expert interviews in the context of the „Status-Quo-Study“ at the UoC)
- Methods of event history analysis (panel study of life-cycle studies of the Max-Planck-Institute of Educational Research , Berlin)
- Training of interviewers in the field of development cooperation in India, Tadzhikistan, Cambodia and Ethiopia (short-term consultation for DWHH in the context of the Millennium Initiative)
- Focus on spatial development (scientific project work in the field of spatial development at the Institute for Sociology and and Social Psychology in Cologne; PhD thesis on spatial mobility)
- Project and quality management (i.a. „Spatial mobility in the knowledge society“ of the Fritz Thyssen Foundation; one-year advanced training at the Centre for Higher Education (CHE) on establishment and implementation of QM systems in universities)
Dr Kim Lücking is a Senior Evaluator in DEval’s “Baseline study on the DEval and its environment”. She worked previously at the Central Evaluation Office of the University of Cologne (UoC) from 2008 to 2013. Her main fields of work there were to design, realise and develop evaluations, mainly at the level of study programs. In 2010, she finished her PhD thesis in Sociology entitled “Spatial mobility in transformation”, which was based on a quantitative-oriented research design. From 2006 to 2009, she was as a freelancer for “Deutsche Welthungerhilfe”, working in the field of the MDG monitoring in the initiative “Millennium Villages”. At the same time, until 2008, she worked as a research officer at the Institute for Sociology and Social Psychology in Cologne, after gaining a degree as a Diplom Geographer in 2005.
Lücking, K., S. Bettighofer and S. Freund (2015), Erhebung zur Ausgangslage des DEval und seines Umfeldes, German Institute for Development Evaluation, Bonn.
Lücking, K., S. Freund and S. Bettighofer (2015), Evaluierungspraxis in der deutschen Entwicklungszusammenarbeit. Umsetzungsmonitoring der letzten Systemprüfung und Charakterisierung wesentlicher Elemente, German Institute for Development Evaluation, Bonn.
Lücking, K. et al. (2015, in preparation): Qualität der Lehre aus der Studierendenperspektive an der Universität zu Köln.
Landmann, M., K. Lücking, J. Witte and S. Herzig (2015, in preparation), A quality-enhancement oriented project on study programmes at the University of Cologne - perspectives and methods.
Lücking, K. and M. Pascu (2014), Status-Quo-Bericht 2013. Bachelor-Studiengänge an der Universität zu Köln, University of Cologne.
Landmann, M., K. Lücking, J. Witte and S. Herzig (2013), Campus im Dialog: Eine Studierendenbefragung im quantitativ-qualitativen Forschungsdesign zur Verbesserung der Studiensituation an der Universität zu Köln. Zwischenbericht, University of Cologne.